The maintenance of an epoxy floor is one of many reasons why these floors have made their way into homes and commercial spaces alike. An epoxy floors maintenance is completely laid back and easy to handle because it is resistant to almost all types of chemicals, impact, and stains. Very little is ever required to keep the glass-like bright surface that an epoxy coating offers, so here are some tips on how to elongate your floors lifespan because even though the maintenance is minimal, nothing lasts without a little care:
- Spills should be cleaned up immediately. Regardless of the chemical content in them.
- Routine cleans are highly encouraged with soft and forgiving equipment.
- When your floors require deep cleans it is important to first sweep your floors before mopping them. Any harmful debris that is sitting on the surface could be pushed into your floors causing issues. Once the loose debris has been cleaned up you can begin cleaning your floors.
- Do not use cleaners that contain high levels of soap because they will leave a film like a residue behind dulling your floors glossy finish.
- Never use cleaners that contain high acidity levels because if not they are not properly removed, they can eat away at your concrete floors upper surface.
- If you have epoxy in an area where hosing it down is possible that it is highly encouraged.
- Using welcome mats for areas where family, friends, or customers come in can help reduce the amount of dirt and debris that is brought in.
- Ensure that the area where you are moving heavy furniture, materials, or machinery is clean and free of any type of harmful objects.
In the case of an epoxy floor, less is truly more. Frequent mopping, as many clients and customers are known for doing will dull your floors glass-like appearance, so it is important to the only mop when it is necessary. Many times, if you feel like your coatings have prematurely dulled it is because of constant cleaning and there has been a buildup of soap.
Epoxy floors are highly durable and long-lasting surfaces that truly do not require constant attention. This is why many homes and businesses have begun installing them, so do not worry about damaging your floors by doing less than you are accustomed too. An epoxy floor is resilient and will resist staining, wear and tear, and abrasions. It will keep all debris on the surface, making your floors easy to clean.