Maintenance for a polished concrete floor can vary, depending on what environment it is installed in, for example, a medical clinic with polished floors will require different cleaning standards than a residential kitchen. The good news about maintenance for polished concrete floors is that it is always quick, easy, and affordable:
- Dusting, sweeping, and mopping are always encouraged.
- When wet mopping be sure to use soft pads that attract debris easily.
- Never use cleaners that contain high levels of soap because they leave residual marks dulling your polished concretes shine.
- Avoid using cleaners with high acidic properties that could damage your concretes protective layer.
- Do not let cleaners dry on your floors.
- Give cleaners enough time to work, it is okay to let them sit on your floors surface but do not let them dry.
- Sweep on a daily basis and mop on a weekly basis to keep your floors safe.